Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Korean Inspired Makeup Tutorial

Makeup Makeup Makeup

Intro

As most you of you guys know, I am obsessed with everything that has to do with Korea.  Even right now I'm listening to Kpop while writing this blog heeehee.  I decided to do a makeup tutorial on Korean makeup because their way of using makeup is a little bit different from the U.S.  It may seem kind of weird but work with me because I am actually excited to do this blog post.  Okay, let's get started!

Step 1    

Apply BB cream, foundation, lotion or what ever type of base you like to use to start with.  In Korea, they want to have lighter skin (the ideal skin color) so they usually choose a lighter shade from their body...I think our own skin color is beautiful but what ever floats your boat.

Any Base


Step 2

I am going to apply some eyeshadow primer before applying eyeshadow and eye liner because it lasts longer and prevents smudging.  I bought the Naked Pallet 3 which came with Urban Decay samples so I took advantage of this.  (I was soo excited cause I couldn't buy the fifty dollar eye primer with the other fifty dollar eyeshadow pallet.)

Samples

Step 3  

I am taking this neutral matte color (beige or light brown) as the over all base.  Koreans do not use much eye shadow because they want to aim for a natural look.  This eyeshadow just gives a small spice to your eyes.  After applying the basic "coat" for the eyes take a shimmery or sparkly pink eyeshadow to highlight under your eyes.  This gives a soft glow to your eyes and shows "aegyo" fat; if you have "aegyo" fat it is meant to make your look younger and youthful. If you want you, can use some of your light eyeshadow to highlight the brow bone too.


Beige or Light Brown

Just Smelling the Air

Step 4 

Now, I am taking a pencil liner (Bare Minerals Big and Bright in Black Coffee) to line my eyes.  It doesn't HAVE to be a pencil but I prefer it because it gives a softer look and again with the youthful kind of image.  I am lining the eye at the base and at the end of the line this is when the key part of Korean concept comes in.  You want to keep the line down as you draw it instead of winging it.  This downward eye line gives a puppy eye feel and the particular line technique is extremely popular in Korea. (Here is more information on the technique wengie.com)



In Black Coffe



Keep the eyeliner down

Step 5

The easiest step is to curl dem lashes and add coats of mascara.  There isn't a perfect way to apply but I love mascara because it makes my eyelashes apear to be longer and fuller.  (Hahahahaahah even though they are sooooo short.)

Mascara collection

Mascara!!!

Step 6 

For blush, I am barely using (The Bare Minerals Avent-Garden) lighten my cheeks.  You want to gently fluff your cheeks with the blush brush. WIth the light skin tone and natural look, blush isn't necessary but I will use a small amount for the fun of it.


Avant-Garden



Blush Time


Step 7

For the last and final step take a shade of light pink or orange lipgloss.  The ombre look or orange lips are THE trend in Korea.  I didn't feel like wearing ombre lips but there will be a picture of it at the end of the blog.

Lip Collection
Lipzzz





Yayay we have finally finished the look and now you know how to apply a Korean styled makeup.  (You can let your hair down after all your makeup is done... yes yes) I hoped this helped and was fun to read, it was soooo hard to take these pictures and awkward because my parents thought I was taking selfies when in reality I was actually taking selfies for English!  Thank you and as always stay beautiful;)

Finished Look


Oh and here is the picture for the Korean Ombre Lips, they actually look pretty cool.  As you can see it starts with from a dark shade and transforms into a light or neutral color. Comment below if you want to try out the ombre look!

Photo Courtesy to seoulstine.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment