Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Hectic Holidays needs a Make Up Tutorial

Beauty in a Personal Perspective

Lately, I have been struggling with shopping.  Yes, I may sound like I'm a shopaholic but don't worry I'm not. (Or at least I don't think I am.)  Anyways, shopping... especially shopping for new clothes is the best feeling in the world.  It gives you joy and it enhances your level of fashion.  I don't shop often but I have found my self wrapped in spending enormous amount of money for no reason at all.  Just this week I spent eleven dollars on beauty products.  (That's right eleeeven dollars!)  Hours later did I only notice I spent money on expensive products but I accidentally bought a bronzer that was four dollars.  When I was shopping, I was a big headed teenager thinking I needed a golden shadow pallet. (Especially if the brand was Elf)  The funny thing was, my mind was preoccupied to glance at the big letters screaming Golden Bronzer.  Yes, I learned my lesson on reading labels and paying attention.  Sorry, I will let you go onto the actual tutorial.  Enjoy!


Intro

Hey guys, I am recovering from eating turkey yesterday but don't worry today I will be showing you a holiday make up tutorial. Yes, it is definitely that time of year again. I think this look is pretty simple and of course it doesn't need a huge amount of time.  I will name it The Hectic Holiday Make Up Look.  Let's get started!

First

Apply any kind of foundation or bb cream for the start of the face.  For me I don't like using any kind of that stuff (besides my mother would never allow me to) but here I am just moisturizing my skin with lotion.. yay.
Me being a dork 


Second

I am using the Revlon Colorstay (Smoky Shadow Stick) Torch Incendiaire.  Apply the lighter color as the base of your eyeshadow.  Starting from the middle of your eyelid, softly apply the darker shade of the shadow stick.  From the middle, gradually apply the eyeshadow until the end of your eyelid. (Tip: I like to blend the lighter and darker shades together to make it appear smoky.) 
Apply lighter shade
Apply darker shade

Third

To make your eyes appear wide awake, add a light sparkling color to the corners of your eyes.  (Warning: Do not apply the eyeshadow too close to your inner canthus or it will make your eyes itch and appear red.  Trust me this happened to me before attending a birthday party and I turned out to be a zombie.)  For this tutorial I am using The One Sweep Eye Shadow by Loreal Paris.  

I used the lightest shade

Fourth

Curl your pretty eyelashes and add your favorite mascara.  I have to admit my eyelashes are remarkably short.  I wasn't blessed with doll like lashes so I have to add extra coat of mascara for people to notice.  Sigh...the things I long for.  Good thing there is makeup for us to enhance our beauty!  I bought this new mascara called The Falsies Big Eyes by Maybelline.  I love the idea of having two separate brushes for upper and lower lashes.  Unfortunately, the upper lash mascara clumps my eyelashes...seriously.   

The Falsies Big Eyes

Fifth

I skipped the blush part because my cheeks are already red and puffy so they don't need to be emphasized.  If you want to you can add some blush.

Sixth

The last step is to use a neutral or clear lip product for your lips.  You want more emphasis on your eyes not your lips.  I am using just Chapstick with a candy cane scent.

Smells yummilicious

Finished Look


Eye makeup

Finished look




This is the finished look for the natural yet festive makeup tutorial for the holidays.  I am the type of person to not go all out on my makeup but to not stay too bland.  Keep eating delicious food and have fun.  I hope you guys liked it:)  Stay beautiful!





1 comment:

  1. I love this! You were the inspiration for me to do my makeup tutorial. I also tagged you in mine. I think yours is more of a brown eyed one and mine is more of a blue eyed one! I really liked your pictures and descriptions, good job!

    ReplyDelete